Today, when homeowners are considering getting a fence installed on their property, one of the first options they look at is glass fencing. These installations are being widely used in residential and commercial settings and this feature complements the look of all types of poolscapes and outdoor spaces. Take a look at why glass pool fencing is the ideal option for your home:
- To this day, some people feel that glass would be too fragile a material for these applications while others feel it is too expensive compared to traditionally used materials such as timber and metal. However, the fact is that toughened glass which is used in outdoor and indoor glass fence installations are highly resilient and sturdy. As long as you get this feature installed from a credible and well-established company that provides fencing that’s made to meet Australian Standards, you can be assured that it will last for a number of years, without any trouble.
- Glass is also a very low-maintenance option compared to wood or metal. The durability and low-maintenance aspects mean you get value for money when you opt for glass pool fencing.
- It is also now mandatory for residential property owners to install a pool fence and not everyone wants metal or wood installations on their property as they tend to break the visual flow of the space. In comparison, since glass is transparent, it provides the necessary safety without hampering or obstructing the openness and spaciousness of your property. This is another reason why homeowners are now veering towards getting glass fencing installations for their pools.
- Glass pool fences blend in perfectly with all types of landscape and yard design themes. So regardless of whether you have a traditional-style yard or a more modernistic one, this feature will fit right into the setting.
- Since glass panels are smooth, they act as a deterrent for kids and pets that might want to scramble over to the other side. This makes glass fences far safer than ones made of metal or wood.
- Glass lends a very spacious look to the place and even if you have a modest-sized yard, this fence will add to the aesthetics of the place.
- As mentioned earlier, glass is a very low-maintenance option and you don’t have to slave for hours trying to get it clean. All it needs is an occasional cleaning with a soap and water solution to keep it dust and streak-free. You don’t have to worry about flaking or chipping paint as you would have to if you have metal/timber installations. You also don’t have to worry about rot or moss buildup and this makes glass fences a perfect option for homeowners that lead very busy lives.
- A glass fence can be as simplistic or elaborate as you want it to be. For instance, if you prefer a very simple installation, you can opt for a frameless glass fence. Its design fits in well with minimalistic style outdoor spaces. On the other hand, if you prefer something more elaborate, you can opt for etched or frosted glass or even curved glass panes, if the setting demands it. You also have the option to choose semi-framed or framed glass fence installations; this design flexibility gives you the option to create the kind of look you want on your property.
For any more information, just contact us at Quantum Frameless Glass at this number – 1300 282 248. You can also contact us using this online form and we will call you back shortly for more details about your semi-frameless glass balustrade or fencing installation project.
Thanks for reading,
Quantum Frameless Glass Team
1300 282 248