Today, homeowners prefer to get glass fencing installations for their home. These fences look stunning, stylish and suave. When you have glass fences, it’s possible for you to install a very stunning boundary for your poolscape. Not only will it look unique, but the area also automatically becomes very safe for kids as well.
When you start looking for fencing options, you will find there are a large number of options in the market, and choosing one that matches all your requirements isn’t an easy task. Here are some tips that will help you choose a fence that best suits your needs. Let’s start with understanding why people are increasingly opting for glass fencing over metal or wooden ones.
Glass fences – the benefits
- Glass fences are sleek and stylish
- They complement the look of different types of landscapes
- While some people feel they are very expensive, the fact is that this installation provides value for money
- You can choose from varieties such as framed, semi-framed and frameless glass fences; and depending on where you are installing them, you can also choose to get curved glass panes installed
- The glass panels are made with toughened glass and are available in different thicknesses. This means, the glass won’t really shatter unless there is a very heavy impact
- The installation is very durable and can easily last for years
- It’s very low maintenance and all you need to do is clean the glass panes with diluted liquid soap
- Since glass is transparent, it adds a sense of spaciousness to any property
- They are ideal for outdoor spaces and glass doesn’t really get impacted with exposure to the elements; and it doesn’t lose either its luster or functionality
More about metal and wooden fences
Now that we have discussed the benefits of glass fencing, take a look at how it stands up in comparison to wood or metal installations in the same setting:
- Timber has a natural look, but it isn’t sleek and stylish like glass is.
- Wooden fencing doesn’t match the look of all types of yard designs.
- Wooden and metal fencing is cheaper than glass fencing; however, wood tends to rot in humid and moist conditions and it can turn brittle in the sun. Metal fencing has a tendency to rust over time and you will eventually end up spending a significant amount of money and effort on getting it either repainted or replaced. When you compare these aspects to the quality of glass fencing, you will find that the latter provide value for money.
- As we just mentioned, both metal and wood require excessive maintenance. Wood has to be polished or painted regularly and you would have to paint metal fences on a regular basis as well.
- When it comes to variety, glass fences outrun metal and wooden fences. The latter two don’t really provide the kind of design flexibility that glass offers.
- Outdoor fences made of metal or wood tend to block the view. In comparison, glass ‘gives you a very clear view ‘of the spaces.
- Due to the manner in which metal or wooden fences are structured, it’s easier for kids and pets to scramble over them, which make them distinctly less safe than ones made using glass panels that are very smooth.
Regardless of which way you look at it, glass fences are distinctly better in every way, compared to metal or timber ones. For any more information, just contact us at Quantum Frameless Glass at this number – 1300 282 248. You can also contact us using this online form and we will call you back shortly for more details about your semi-frameless glass balustrade or fencing installation project.
Thanks for reading,
Quantum Frameless Glass Team
1300 282 248