If you are planning on getting a home renovation done, it’s a great opportunity to get a glass balustrade installed. While this installation process isn’t disruptive or invasive, you can plan it in such a way that it coincides with some other renovation or remodelling work you are planning to carry out in your home. It’s also a good time to think about exactly which spots the balustrading would offer optimal functionality based on your specific requirements.
Create openness and expansiveness in any place
Frameless glass balustrades lend a very elegant and open look to any space and you can add them to great effect in many different indoor and outdoor areas of your property.
In indoor areas you can choose to get this installation for:
- Staircases and landings
- Internal atriums
- Internal balconies and overhangs in central foyers
- Malls and shopping centres
- To segregate commercial areas or even create demarcations for pathways
In outdoor spaces you can choose to get this installation for:
- Decks and patios
- Outdoor kitchens
- Rooftop gardens
- Rooftop or open air restaurants and pubs
- Juliet balconies
Glass balustrades offer function and style
As you can see, there are a large number of settings you can get glass balustrades installed in. The one way to decide where you want to get this feature installed is to understand what its function in that space is. In some instances, it may be built only to demarcate spaces, while in others it may be built to add safety to a structure. For instance, if you install these balustrades along an internal or external staircase it adds to the safety aspect of the feature.
A balcony or elevated deck, terrace or veranda would also need a balustrade to provide support and safety. Many people wonder why they should opt for glass installations and whether it’s really a good idea to install something as fragile as glass. But the fact is that the glass used in these features is very different from glass used in other standard applications.
Depending on the application and setting, you can choose to have glass panels that are between 10-18 mm thick. In commercial spaces where the traffic and wear and tear is significantly higher, it’s better to opt for thicker glass installations. But it isn’t just the thickness that adds to the resilience of the feature. This glass is toughened and laminated which adds to its strength and durability.
Benefits of glass balustrades
There are some other distinct benefits to opting for glass balustrades on your property:
- They complement the look of any material and blend in with different architectural styles.
- They open up the view from terraces and balconies and allow you to enjoy the surroundings even when you are seated there.
- The features allow more natural light to pass through which helps create brighter indoor spaces.
- Glass balustrading is safer than standard metal or concrete balustrades because the glass panes have smooth and seamless surfaces; which make it impossible for kids or pets to clamber over.
- These are low-maintenance features that can last for a very long time and retain their appearance.
- Glass balustrades can be customised to your needs and that means you get a feature that fits in perfectly with the styling and look of your home or commercial establishment.
No matter which way you look at it, glass balustrades are a great addition to your property. We at Quantum Frameless Glass can provide excellent, customised solutions for residential and commercial spaces. For any more information about our glass balustrades, call us at this number – 1300 282 248. You can also contact us using this online form.
Thanks for reading,
Quantum Frameless Glass Team
1300 282 248