If you’ve recently built a swimming pool, you must be aware that there are certain rules and safety regulations you have to follow. While there are a number of fencing options to choose from, most homeowners today prefer glass fencing solutions. This is because glass is an extremely aesthetically appealing material, functional, is ideal for outdoor environments and complements the look of any outdoor setting.
Today, glass pool fences are in high demand and since this demand has driven up the competition, you will find that these fences are an extremely cost-effective solution for pool spaces. Since they are transparent, this type of fencing allows you to get a clear view of the pool space and it doesn’t create any obstruction despite it being such a large and prominent installation. Apart from this, a glass pool fence also adds to the resale value of your property.
While there are a number of distinct advantages to having a glass pool on your residential property, most homeowners have one common concern. They wonder whether they will be able to maintain and clean the installation and keep it dust and streak-free on a consistent basis. This is a very valid concern as homeowners look for solutions that will be low maintenance and long-lasting. After all, no one wants to spend all their leisure time looking after and maintaining various features on their property.
Glass fencing maintenance tips
When you opt for glass fencing for your pool, this is something you won’t have to worry about all these things. So if you are considering getting a glass fence for your pool space and are wondering what kind of cleaning process and schedule you should maintain, read ahead; these are some outdoor glass fencing maintenance tips that will come handy:
- It’s best to stay away from the standard glass cleaners you get in the market as they have a lot of chemicals that eventually harm the surface and leave behind a residue.
- At times the simplest and most basic methods are also the most effective. You should use just some liquid soap and warm water; this is proven to be a very effective way to keep the glass panels clean and streak-free. Regardless of whether you are cleaning semi-framed, framed, frameless fencing or glass balustrades, all you need is this simple solution. You can use a very soft sponge and this will ensure you don’t leave behind any scratches.
- The drying process is also quite straightforward and there is no hassle at all. The railings and posts can easily be dried with a soft sponge or a microfiber cloth. It’s important that you don’t use any kind of harsh material when you are drying these panels on the fencing or safety door. You only have to leave them to get air-dried. This ensures there will be no scratches or marks.
- The standard rule is that you should clean your glass fencing every four to six months, for the best results. This time frame may vary, based on exactly how dirty the fence is and the area you live in.
- If you find that there are some stubborn stains and aren’t too sure about how you can get those off, don’t use any abrasive cleaners on the glass.
For any more information, just contact us at Quantum Frameless Glass at this number – 1300 282 248. You can also contact us using this online form and we will call you back shortly for more details about your frameless glass balustrade installation project.
Thanks for reading,
Quantum Frameless Glass Team
1300 282 248