Today, frameless glass balustrades are increasingly being used in residential and commercial applications. These installations look elegant, are functional and provide the required safety too. When you source these from a credible and well-established company, you can be assured that these features will be made with high grade materials and safety glass.
Frameless glass balustrades are easy to install and in most instances, they are modular systems that are specifically tested and designed to meet the current Australian Standard. There are different options you can choose from such as:
- Spigot Fixed Glass panels with top rails
- Spigot Fixed Glass panels with offset handrail options
- Pinned Fixed Glass panels with offset handrail options
These installations can be used in indoor as well as outdoor settings in commercial and residential premises. The system you choose will be dependent on where the installation is going to be, its function, your personal preferences and your budget.
Details about frameless glass balustrades
- The toughened & heat soaked glass panels used in the balustrades will be in-line with the existing Australian Standards. These are essentially safety products that are guaranteed Grade A Safety Glass.
- The glass panels are fitted with stainless steel spigots made from high grade steel that is corrosion-resistant and extremely strong. When the balustrades are installed in outdoor environments, they are exposed to the elements, and it’s crucial that these be made from weather-resistant materials.
- These are available in square & round profiles for base-plated & core-drilled applications.
- You would be able to choose from a variety of offset handrails to go with your frameless glass balustrades. These would comply with the BCA and Australian Standards
- Toughened glass is very strong; however care has to be taken while it’s being transported and fitted. The company that handles this installation for you will ensure that these panels are packaged carefully in cardboard boxes.
- The company will take all the technical details of the area into account and provide expert installation services.
- Since toughened glass can’t be drilled/edge-worked in any way, all the surface treatments such as sand blasting have to be carried out before toughening.
- At times, there is a possibility of visual distortion in the glass. When the glass is furnaced, roller waves or corrugated distortion mat appear in the glass. This is typically more visible in reflective and tinted glass. Heat strengthened glass has much less visual distortion and that is what we generally use in our projects.
- The installation techniques used in glass balustrade installation is similar to the one used in glass fencing installation.
- In the case of the glass fencing, gates may also be required for the installation.
Opt for high grade solutions
When you hire the services of a company like ours for this installation work, you are assured of high grade solutions. We work closely with our customers to understand what their requirements are, the conditions on site and the budget our customer is working on.
The solutions we provide will be in line with Australian Standards and care will be taken to ensure the work gets done in the best possible way. It is this attention to detail and the guarantees we provide for our work that ensure our installations are durable and strong.
For any more information about glass pool fencing and our products, call Quantum Frameless Glass at this number – 1300 282 248. You can also contact us using this online form and we will call you back shortly for more details about your frameless glass balustrade installation project.
Thanks for reading,
Quantum Frameless Glass Team
1300 282 248