If you look around, you will notice that glass is used in a range of building applications such as windows and doors, facades of high rises, picture windows, French windows, sun rooms and conservatories, pool houses, enclosed porches etc. Little wonder then that it has now become the preferred material for use in the interior and outdoor spaces in homes. Before we look at the different applications, let’s take a look at what makes it such an excellent material for use in residential interior design:
- As mentioned earlier, glass is a highly-versatile material and it can be used in almost all the rooms in a house, wherever you need a railing or barrier of sorts.
- It’s available in a range of designs and textures and you can also custom-order curved glass installations to fit in specific spaces or match the décor of your home.
- It complements the look of traditional as well as modern-style homes and you don’t have to worry about it looking out-of-place in any area.
- Since the glass used in all these applications is toughened, it’s completely safe and will not easily shatter on impact. In fact, since a glass balustrade is made up of larger sheets of glass fitted in aluminium of SS frames, there is hardly any gap between the glass and the framing; this reduces the chances of accidents.
- It helps brighten the look of your home and complements your indoor lighting effects to perfection.
- Since it’s transparent, it adds a very spacious look, unlike wood partitions or railings that form visual obstructions.
Glass Balustrades and Railings – Variety of Uses
No matter which way you look at it, glass balustrades are an ideal option for homes. Take a look at the different features glass balustrades and railings can be used in:
When you add glass balustrades to any staircase, they give the latter a floating look. If you have kids or elderly people in the house, you can simply get an extra railing installed at the top for safety. Glass balustrades are an excellent solution for outdoor staircases as well.
When you have a great view from your house you want to be able to see it even when you are relaxing in your balcony. Wooden railings only hinder the view, while glass ones give you a clear view of the outdoors – so you can enjoy the view of the hills, landscaping or sea, even as you are lounging around on your glass balcony.
Decks, patios and outdoor kitchens
When you install glass balustrades along the periphery of your decking, porch, balconies, patio, outdoor kitchen or pool, it gives you an unobstructed view of these spaces and you can easily keep an eye on your children when they are playing in the yard.
You can also install glass balustrades as barriers along the pathways and walkways. This provides the lawn and flower bed areas the protection they need, without really acting as an obstruction. You will also be able to view your property easily from the indoor spaces, which is a distinct benefit.
Since every home is different in terms of the available space, styling, setting etc. and every homeowner has some specific requirements and preferences, we at Quantum Frameless Glass provide customised framed and frameless glass balustrade installations.
For more information about our products, please call us at this number – 1300 282 248 and speak with our experts about your requirement. They will provide you customized options and quotes for your project. You can also contact us using this online form and we will respond shortly.
Thanks for reading,
Quantum Frameless Glass Team
1300 282 248