Spring and summer are the perfect seasons to enjoy the outdoor spaces of your property to the fullest. You don’t have to worry about rain or a nip in the air and can truly enjoy these features and the leisure and entertainment aspects they offer. Many homeowners also like to undertake home improvement projects and sprucing up the look of their deck and patio spaces are a great option.
These areas see a significant amount of wear and tear as they are exposed to the weather, and they are used with regularity as well. This means any feature or addition to them has to be planned and thought out well. If you are looking to add to the functionality and attractiveness of your yard, you should consider getting a glass balustrade installation for your patio or deck.
Deck Glass Balustrade Features
- Since decks are raised structures, adding a glass balustrade is a great way to enhance its safety.
- You can also add a glass gate at the top of the steps that lead down from the deck to the yard and this enclosure can become the perfect spot for your kids or pets to play in.
- Since the glass panels are smooth (unlike wood or aluminium railings), your children or pets won’t be able to clamber over them. So, you can still relax in the alfresco spaces without having to constantly keep an eye on them.
- You can decide what kind of installation you want and can choose from frameless, semi-framed or framed features.
- You also have the option to choose the kind of glass you want, in the thickness you need.
Patio Glass Balustrade Features
Decks are also a very popular feature on residential properties in and around Sydney. While some homeowners like to keep the structure simple and don’t add anything to it, others prefer to turn it into a semi-enclosed space; they may build an outdoor kitchen on it or install a pergola to create a semi-shaded space underneath it. These options enhance the utility of the space. While homeowners do want to make better use of this space, they may not always want to build half-height walls to demarcate the patio space as the masonry installation can hamper the flow of the space and the open feel. The one way to have your cake and eat it too, is to get a glass balustrade installed along the periphery of your patio. This will still allow you to create the segregation you want, without impacting the expansive look of your patio. You can still be seated on the patio and enjoy an unhindered view of your landscape.
Excellent Glass Balustrade Installations
We work very closely with our clients to understand what their specific requirements are and ensure that the glass balustrade we install is right in line with the design concept and theme of the other features in the landscape. The best materials will be used in the work and the craftsmanship will be top-of-the-line. This means you can rest assured that your glass balustrade installation will last for a very long time, with just very little maintenance.
As mentioned earlier, summer is the perfect time to get some simple yet effective upgrades for your home. A glass balustrade for your patio or deck is a great way to enhance the appeal and functionality of your yard space. We at Quantum Frameless Glass provide excellent, customised glass balustrade solutions for residential and commercial spaces. For any more information about our glass balustrades, call us at this number – 1300 282 248. You can also contact us using this online form.
Thanks for reading,
Quantum Frameless Glass Team
1300 282 248