We at Quantum Frameless Glass are one of the leading glass balustrade and glass fencing companies in the region. We are highly passionate about creating customized solutions for our clients, and focus on providing value for money. Since our inception, we have never strayed from aspects such as high quality, reliability and cost-effectiveness.
We have always worked very closely with all our clients to ensure that the solutions we provide are in line with their requirements and fit into their budget perfectly. While glass balustrades are now one of the latest building trends, many clients still have questions about what, how these features are built as well as aspects such as the durability and strength.
Many residential customers are concerned about the safety of frameless glass balustrades. After all, glass considered to be a very fragile material. However, the fact is that the glass used in these installations is different from standard glass used on window and door panes etc.
Facts About Glass Balustrades
In order to clarify concerns regarding the safety aspect of glass, we’re going to discuss various facts, which can help you make a better-informed decision when considering installation of glass balustrades on your residential property.
- Today there are a number of different glass balustrade designs that you can choose from for your residential project. From the different styles available, glass balustrade that are fixed on channels are some of the most popular; they have clean and crisp lines, and the system also provides uninterrupted views.
- Clients have the option to choose from semi-framed or fully-framed glass balustrade systems as well. These have stainless steel posts with glass panels. To a certain degree, these systems also provide a better view compared to materials such as metal, concrete, wood or vinyl etc.
- Since these features are custom designed for you, you have the option to choose from attractive handrail fixtures that can be attached to the top of the glass panels.
The Safety Aspect
Regardless of which systems you choose, you can rest assured that these features are extremely safe because:
- The glass balustrades that we design and install for you are built to Australian standards. They are able to bear the necessary load as per the existing building codes.
- We use toughened and laminated glass panels in these installations, and the thickness of the panels will be decided based on the setting and the amount of traffic that area will see. This glass is very different from standard glass and will not crack or become damaged on minor impact. In case of a major impact, the glass will not shatter into pointed shards that can be very dangerous. Instead, it would break into rounded squares and the lamination will prevent the pieces from scattering around.
- The other concern that residential property owners have is about the safety aspect with respect to children and pets in their home. The glass panels on these systems are positioned very close together and have hardly any gaps between them making it impossible for young kids or pets to squeeze through. The smooth surfaces of the glass prevent children and pets from scrambling over as well.
Regardless of which way you look at it, our frameless glass balustrade systems are extremely safe and are suitable for residential settings without any problems. We manufactured these systems under very stringent quality measures before considering them suitable for use in our projects. For any more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Quantum Frameless Glass. You can call 1300 298 898 or contact us through this online form.
Thanks for reading,
Quantum Frameless Glass Team
1300 282 248