Commercial and residential property owners are increasingly veering towards getting glass fencing installations for their premises; there are a number of reasons for this:
- These features offer clean and sleek styling that complements the look of any type of architectural elements.
- A glass fence provides the necessary safety, even as it offers full visibility.
- It lends a very open and expansive look to the place and works well for vast spaces as well as more modestly-sized ones.
- Pools are an excellent addition to residential properties. While you do need some kind of barrier to prevent pool-related accidents, you also want to be able to see your pool from other parts of your home or yard. With this in view, a glass fence becomes an excellent choice.
- Since glass has such a smooth surface, kids and pets are unable to clamber over it and this adds to the safety aspect.
- Glass is an extremely resilient material and very easy to maintain too. It doesn’t get affected by exposure to the elements in the manner that fencing materials such as wood and metal do.
As you can see, there are a number of reasons why glass fencing has now become the preferred material in outdoor settings.
Different types of glass used in outdoor fencing
Many people wonder whether there is only one type of glass that can be used in these features. The fact is there are many different types of glass that can be used for fencing applications, such as:
- Toughened/toughened & laminated glass – This glass is extremely tough and hardy and doesn’t easily break on impact. In case of a very severe impact, it simply breaks into squarish pieces rather than into pointed shards.
- Low iron glass (this glass is extra clear)
- Clear float glass (this standard glass has a slight greenish tint)
- Sandblasted/satinated glass – This provides an opaque finish and you can choose between part/full cover. Commercial establishments sometimes like to get their logos sandblasted on the surface of the glass, while residential property owners prefer custom designs
- Decorative interlayer/Decorative patterns
While you have the option to choose the kind of glass you want for your pool fence, it has to comply with the existing Australian Building Standards. This is where the expertise of the glass fencing company comes into the picture. They will work closely with you to understand what your requirements are and provide you the right advice about the thickness and type and glass you would need to install for your requirement.
Customised services from Quantum Frameless Glass
We are one of the leading companies in this field and work very closely with you to ensure that you get solutions that match your requirements to perfection. To this end, we follow a very detailed work process:
- We visit your property and conduct detailed discussions with you.
- Our experts will survey the site and take accurate measurements.
- We will give you all the information you need related to the different types of glass available, and advice on which one would best suit your requirements.
- We will also provide hardware samples for you to choose from.
- Based on this, we will give you the final plans, designs and quotes.
- Once you approve the quote, we will carry out the work as per the schedule that’s convenient to you.
- We ensure that the work is completed in a professional and efficient manner and within the timeframe committed by us.
For any more information, just contact us at Quantum Frameless Glass at this number – 1300 282 248. You can also contact us using this contact form and we will call you back shortly for more details about your semi-frameless glass balustrade or fencing installation project.
Thanks for reading,
Quantum Frameless Glass Team
1300 282 248