Many modern-styled homes have flat roofs. While these features look very stylistic and add elegance to the home’s appearance, these spaces can’t be used optimally and safely unless they have some type of railing or balustrade. If you install a balustrade made either of vinyl timber or aluminium those can provide safety, but won’t allow you to a clear and unhindered view of the surroundings. This is where a glass balustrade is different – it’s a perfect installation for a house that has flat roofing.
Glass Balustrades For Flat Roofs
There are a number of benefits to adding a frameless glass balustrade to your flat roof:
- It complements the look of different types of architectural styles.
- Once the balustrade has been installed along the perimeter, you will be able to use the space in a more optimal manner. In fact, if you have large French windows or doors opening out onto this area, from the rooms that overlook the roof, that can add to the expansiveness of these connecting spaces.
- Glass balustrading brings in more natural light and adds a feeling of openness to your home.
- You can choose to get the balustrade added as part of your new home build project, or turn it into a home improvement project as well.
- The design and styling can be customised to your requirement and you can choose from framed, semi-framed or frameless installations. There are different varieties of hardware and railings to choose from and this gives you the design flexibility to create the look you want on your property.
- The added living area that gets created by installing a glass balustrade to your roof also adds to the value of your home and increases its resale value.
- If you live in a busy neighbourhood, you can add frosted glass panels to the balustrade. This will acts as a privacy screen without hampering the natural light and the open feel of the space.
- When you are getting any feature installed in the outdoor areas of your home, you want to ensure that it will be able to withstand the climatic changes and last for a number of years. When we install these outdoor balustrades for you, we use toughened, laminated glass in the feature and this adds to the strength, resilience and longevity of the structure.
- The other aspect that busy homeowners want to prioritise is that any installation they have on their property should be low maintenance; glass balustrades don’t need too much maintenance and an occasional cleaning with diluted soap water is all it takes to keep them looking sparkling clean. In comparison, metal, timber or vinyl balustrades require a lot of consistent care to prevent them from deteriorating.
- These balustrades are good for homes with children and pets. You can choose higher installations; since the glass panels have smooth surfaces, kids and pets can’t clamber over them. This makes it a truly safe feature.
- Glass balustrades can be made as simple or stylistic as you want them to be. For instance you can choose from semi-translucent or opaque glass finishes or ones of different tints and more.
Make the Right Choice
Depending on how much use that space is going to see, you can choose from glass panels of different thicknesses ranging from 12mm to 21.5mm. To a certain degree the thickness of glass used in the installation will also be dependent on whether you have chosen to get a handrail installed or not
We at Quantum Frameless Glass provide excellent, customised solutions for residential and commercial spaces. For any more information about our glass balustrades, call us at this number – 1300 282 248. You can also contact us using this online form.
Thanks for reading,
Quantum Frameless Glass Team
1300 282 248