Modern architectural trends lean on open floor plans and creating larger and open spaces. This is also why architects and builders incorporate a lot of glass in their project designs. Aside from this, even more traditionally-styled structures look distinctive with glass features such as windows, doors, balustrades and fencing etc. Many people add frameless glass balustrades to indoor and outdoor spaces of their homes and swimming pool areas look stunning with glass fencing.
Why Use Glass Balustrades?
So what is it that makes glass such a popular material for residential and commercial applications? We’ll take a look at how glass has transformed the conventional concepts of design and how you benefit from using glass balustrades on your home or commercial property:
- Most modern design is based on clean and crisp lines, openness and light. This is why adding glass balustrade installations on balconies, porches, lots, decks, patio spaces as well as other indoor and outdoor areas, is a great way to create a very expansive look in your retail, office or home spaces.
- Iron/aluminium/wood/vinyl balustrades tend to create an extremely closeted look and are very high maintenance features. They also block the view when you are in the indoor areas. However, when you choose to get glass balustrading with slim profile framing, semi-frameless or frameless balustrades installed, it automatically helps open up the areas in a significant way. You will get a clearer view of your immediate surroundings like your landscaping and other views such as the sea, mountains or the cityscape.
- Since glass is transparent, it automatically allows more natural light to filter through into the indoor areas which lends a very cheery look to the rooms.
- When more natural light enters the interiors, it adds to the energy-efficiency of your property as you don’t need to rely too much on artificial lighting either. This is also a more eco-friendly choice as it helps you reduce your carbon footprint.
- Exposure to more natural light improves mood, promotes clearer thinking and higher productivity levels. This is why glass balustrades are a great addition to office spaces.
- The minute you remove visual obstructions made of metal, wood or any other opaque material, it allows the light from fewer indoor lighting fixtures to spread in a much better way. This results in reducing energy usage and utility bills.
Glass Balustrading – Strength and Durability
Aside from all these benefits, glass balustrades are also extremely strong and durable when you get them installed from a credible and well-established company like ours. We understand that every space is different and that every customer has different requirements and budget. It’s why we provide custom solutions that are in line with our customer’s needs.
We can design and install framed, semi-framed and frameless, indoor and outdoor glass balustrades. We also provide outdoor glass fencing solutions that are excellent for any exterior space like a poolscape, garden or yard area or even for commercial spaces where any kind of demarcation is required.
High Quality Glass Balustrade Installations
The best, toughened and laminated glass of varying thicknesses will be used in the work and the posts and other hardware will be of the highest grade corrosion-resistant steel. These installations are able to withstand even the harshest weather conditions and coastal climates.
For any more information about our glass balustrades, call Quantum Frameless Glass at this number – 1300 282 248. We provide excellent, customised solutions for residential and commercial spaces. You can also contact us using this online form and we will call you back shortly for more details about your semi-frameless glass balustrade or fencing installation project.
Thanks for reading,
Quantum Frameless Glass Team
1300 282 248