Investing in a custom balustrade system represents a significant investment and since this installation will last for a number of years, it’s a good idea to choose the right materials, finishes, sizes and styling etc. Hiring a well-established glass balustrade company is another important aspect.
Expert professionals will ensure that the features that are installed on your property are designed with attention to detail and that high-grade materials are used in the work; this adds to the longevity of the feature. This week, we are looking at three important things you should be doing while choosing a custom-designed glass balustrading system.
Aspects to consider while choosing glass balustrades
#1 Specifications are vital
Frameless, semi-framed and framed glass balustrades can be installed in indoor and outdoor spaces on commercial and residential properties. This means there will be a vast variation in the specifications of every installation. The different specifications which have to be kept in view are:
- Location of the balustrade
- The surface it has to be installed on
- Whether a hand rail is required
- Height of the installation
- Thickness of glass panels
- Whether toughened and laminated glass will be used
#2 Style matters
While it’s very important to focus on function and strength of the balustrade, the aesthetic aspect will have to be kept in view as well. This is where the styling of the balustrade will come into the picture. Glass balustrades look great in any setting as glass complements various architectural and interior design styles. However, when you opt for a custom glass balustrade, the designers will ensure that the styling of the feature matches the aesthetic of your home’s indoor and outdoor spaces, depending on where it is going to be installed.
#3 Planning the installation
These systems are essentially safety features and have to be built to Australian Standards. They have to be built in line with planning permission regulations. The rules that apply to them would be dependent on their styling, height, location, type of property, the amount of traffic the space sees and more. This is why you need to hire an expert who will keep all these aspects in mind, while designing the balustrade for you.
Glass balustrade installation – the work process
- If you’re considering getting a glass balustrade installed on your property, simply give us a call and speak with one of our experts and discuss your project details.
- We will send over a specialist to your location; they will have comprehensive discussions and make note of your requirements.
- Detailed measurements will be taken.
- The ground or base structure will be inspected to determine whether it’s strong enough to hold the weight of the glass balustrade.
- You will be shown material samples and design plans.
- Once you approve these, we will give you the estimated date and time for installation.
- Our expert installers will be at your location at a time that’s convenient to you and will complete the job to your 100% satisfaction.
We provide guarantees for our work and this means you can be sure we will complete the work correctly, the first time around. We use the best materials in our work and highly skilled and experienced installers handle the job; this adds to the lifespan of the structure. A well planned, designed and expertly installed glass balustrade will enhance the aesthetics, functionality and safety of your residential and commercial property.
We at Quantum Frameless Glass can provide excellent, customised solutions for residential and commercial spaces. For any more information about our glass balustrades, call us at this number – 1300 282 248. You can also contact us using this online form.
Thanks for reading,
Quantum Frameless Glass Team
1300 282 248