Balustrades are a vital element in many commercial premises and homes. Originally designed as safety barriers to demarcate areas or separate levels in a property, glass balustrading is as much about aesthetics as it is about practicality.
With a variety of designs, patterns, colours, and designs available, these features can be customised to complement your interiors and décor. Regardless of whether you want a stylish design statement or a seamless subtle finish, we have the solutions you need.
The beauty of these features lies in the fact that they are perfect for all types of settings. Whether you are building a new home or commercial structure or are upgrading an existing one, frameless glass railings will fit right in. Glass balustrades can be used in a range of applications such as:
Most modern properties are built on a contemporary design style and the overall structure and finish of glass balustrades complements this very well, allowing natural light to fill the spaces for a stylish and bright look. Glass balustrades enhance the appeal of materials like wood, metal, terrazzo, natural stone, tiles, carpeting and more.
#2 Landings and balconies
Whether you want an external balcony or internal landings, balustrades are an essential safety feature. But glass balustrading allows an unobstructed view of your surroundings.
#3 Lofts and mezzanine floors
Mezzanine levels in commercial properties, or lofts in homes can benefit from glass balustrades. They allow light to filter into the spaces below, creating a sense of expansiveness and openness.
#4 Terraces, patios, decks, and fencing
In outdoor areas, small glass balustrades can separate a garden area from terraces. They can also be installed to create guided walkways, whilst adding a contemporary appeal to the area. We have also handled a significant number of glass balustrade installation projects for decking and patios on both, commercial and residential properties.
The benefits of glass balustrades
There are a number of benefits to getting glass balustrades installed on your property, such as:
- Light – Whether in residential or commercial environments, glass balustrades allow for the free flow of natural light, creating more appealing spaces, brighter aesthetics and a more appealing space.
- Safety – Conventionally used for safety, panes of glass, instead of separate panels or spindles eliminates gaps in the walls making these features ideal for homes with kids or pets.
- Resilience – Toughened safety glass that we use in our balustrades ensures strength and longevity, enhancing the load-bearing capacity of the feature once installed.
- Design flexibility – With a range of styles and designs, glass balustrades can be installed in outdoor as well as interior areas of your home or commercial establishment.
- Versatile – As mentioned at the start of the article, glass balustrading can be utilized in a number of different areas, adding practicality outdoors, elegance in commercial environments and a range of designs to complement any residential property.
- Ease of maintenance – Glass balustrades are low maintenance features compared to materials like wood, concrete, metal etc. You can clean them very easily which means you save time and money on this aspect.
- Aesthetics – Glass balustrading lends a very chic and seamless look to the property. Since it complements formal as well as casual-styled architecture, you can safely install it on any structure, enhancing its appeal and value.
We can design and install fully-framed, semi-framed and frameless glass balustrades on both commercial and residential properties. High-grade materials and workmanship will be used in the work, ensuring the features are aesthetically appealing and durable.
Thanks for reading,
Quantum Frameless Glass Team
1300 282 248